While we are very focused on completing great work and meeting deadlines for our clients, our team is also very friendly and engaging. Our culture is unique and our workspace original. We support individuals, nurture the greater team, and enjoy the relationships we’ve built with each other and within the industry. You can learn more about our culture here. And more about our firm here.
HDG has a friendly, casual work environment. We are quality-driven and hard-working, and we like to have a little fun along the way. We have a dog in the office, a shuffleboard table, quarterly team activities, and monthly team lunches. We offer competitive salaries and excellent benefits including health, dental, vision, disability, and life insurance; vacation, sick, and holiday benefits; and 401(K)/safe harbor/profit sharing. We currently have two positions open in our firm, listed below. Interested candidates should send a cover letter and resume to . Humber Design Group is an equal opportunity employer dedicated to diversity in the workforce.
Humber Design Group, Inc. (HDG) is seeking a Civil Engineer with 5-10 years of hands-on civil engineering site design experience for a full-time position on our Portland, Oregon team. The successful candidate will be self-motivated, proactive, and detail-oriented, and have excellent technical capabilities, organizational skills, and problem-solving ability. Must be a team player and strategic thinker.
• Bachelor’s Degree in Civil Engineering; Oregon PE
• Proficient in AutoCAD Civil 3D
• Strong oral and written communication skills
• Focused on client service and meeting deadlines and budgets
• Experience working on private site development projects and public infrastructure improvements
• Demonstrated skills developing relationships, teams, projects, and excellent technical documents
• Plan, administer, and design civil engineering projects; manage design staff and projects
• Attend meetings and coordinate project design/requirements with multi-disciplinary teams and client
• Provide thorough on‐going QA/QC review of deliverables
• Conduct/coordinate periodic site visits to monitor quality and work progress
• Author hydrology reports, downstream analysis
• Direct coordination with a variety of local and federal agencies
• Additional responsibilities as needed to help clients and team succeed