A Project Designer at HDG, Lily works on the layout and design of project sites, including design of new stormwater management systems. Her responsibilities include general design, drawing setup and the development of CAD files, general project design and coordination, draft reports, calculations, deadline management, and report writing.
Before joining HDG, Lily worked for the Energy Trust of Oregon, focusing on renewable engineering and managing a pipeline of high-profile hydroelectric, biopower, and small wind projects. She was also the lead manager of the Renewables Advisory Council, and volunteered on the Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion Committee.
• Bachelor of Science, Ecological Engineering – Ecosystem Restoration, Oregon State University
Licenses and Certifications:
• Professional Project Management Certification (PMI) – in progress
• Professional Writing Certificate, Portland State University (2018)
• Waterpower Hydro Basics – HydroVision International (2017)
• Business Finance for Non-Financial Prof. Certificate (2016)
Community and Professional Involvement:
• Basic Climbing Education Program Assistant, Mazamas
• The Giving Project Foundational Cohort Member, Women’s Foundation of Oregon
When Lily is not designing for the future, she is busy soaking up every outdoorsy adventure with her Corgi Leo and eating delicious foods in the Pacific Northwest. She also enjoys being creative, learning new skills, cooking, playing music, and climbing mountains. She recently got back from climbing Mount Kilimanjaro, the world’s tallest free-standing mountain in the heart of East Africa.